Review: OSSTMM Evening Talk with Pete Herzog on January 22nd 2008 at the University of Bern
OSSTMM 3.0 and the RAV (Risk Assessment Value) – these were the main subjects of an event organized by Dreamlab Technologies Ltd. The event was booked out and judging from the reaction of the audience the event was a great success.
ISECOM founder Pete Herzog held a highly interesting key note about the new open security manual OSSTMM 3.0. For the first time ever in public he revealed details about the new RAV in OSSTMM 3.0 making IT security now even more measurable and applicable.After his key note a panel discussion took place. Along with Pete Herzog the following experts participated therein:
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Hämmerli, Lucerne University of Applied Science, Vize Präsident ISSS
- Giampaolo Trenta, CISO, Bank Julius Bär, Zürich
- André Ringger, IT-Security Solution Architect, Credit Suisse, Zürich
- Pietro Brossi, Academic Director, Zurich University of Applied Science, Winterthur
- Christoph Spycher, IT-Security Manager, Bâloise, Basel
The discussion was further fueled up by inspiring and provocative contributions from the audience.
For all that missed out on the event Dreamlab provides you with the keynote slides and video as well as further downloadable information concerning the new RAV:
Keynote Slides (PDF)
Keynote Video: Flash (low)/MPEG4 (medium)
OSSTMM 3.0 RAV FAQs (PDF)
OSSTMM 3.0 Security Test Audit Report (STAR): Excel/OpenOffice
OSSTMM 3.0 RAV Calculation Sheet: Excel/OpenOffice